Need a Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker?
Dentist, mechanic, tattoo artist, or which restaurant has the best crab cakes? Who ya gonna call? The FaceBook Group: Who would you refer in Sussex County DELAWARE? is an invaluable resource. With 15,000+ members, it’s like our very own Angie’s List.
Learn Something New!
Year round residents at the beach include vibrant, active retirees, so what better time to learn something new? The University of Delaware’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) programs are open to adults aged 50+ to take and teach classes together, with no grades, exams or educational prerequisites. Sign up for in-person classes, online classes, or both! Approximately 60 in-person courses are planned for Fall 2021, as well as nearly 200 online courses.
Del Tech adult education is open to all ages. Whether you are looking to broaden your horizons, go back to school, find a creative outlet, or pursue your dream of turning your hobby into a profession, these courses will give you ways to meet new people and explore new interests and skills.
Vegetarian & Plant-Based Dining
Having been a vegetarian for 50+ years, and a longtime foodie too, here’s some of my favorite options for dining at the beach:
- Nectar Café in Lewes – lots of vegan/vegetarian options – love the Vedge sandwich
- Dogfish in Rehoboth – GREAT veganburger
- Mariachi in Rehoboth has a Vegetarian section on their menu – Plato Rojo is my fave
- Miyagi in Rehoboth – the Vegan ramen and the Vegan curry are awesome
- Saketumi – Lots of choices including the Vegetable Tempura and the Sautéed Mixed Vegetables with Tofu
- Indigo in Rehoboth – Indian food with Vegetarian section on menu
- Green Man Bistro – two locations – Rehoboth & Lewes, offering many vegan/veg selections
- Bangkok Thai – the Yellow Curry with tofu is deelish!
- Semra’s Mediterranean Grill – the appetizer combo plate is a great way to sample several goodies
- Grandpa MAC – Whirled peas is my go-to pasta dish; and, they have vegan mac n cheese
Do you know about HappyCow.net? Put in the name of any city and it will give you vegan/vegetarian options.